Man where does the time go...it seems like it was just yesterday when I was trying to get a post about the KU game.
THE HOT LIST:
1. Husker Basketball Woes
2. Lane Kiffin: Whats his national image?
3. The players of the Decade: Big 12 Style
1. We begin with what has to be the most pressing sport this winter now soon starting to think about pressing the panic button. Husker Basketball is now a disappointing 0-3 to start Big 12 play and now have the entire week to gear themselves up for Missouri this weekend. The bottom line is this...Nebraska can't finish games. Thats a dangerous thing for a young team, they continually allow teams to get back into games and in the end steal wins from this team. Nebraska had spurts on both Saturday and Wednesday where they went cold from the floor. With 5 minutes remaining against Kansas, the Huskers went cold from the floor, committed a few bad fouls, and was unable to create a run that could put away good teams. Another issue I'm seeing is Nebraska simply isn't that great of a defensive team like they have been in years past. The last few seasons, Nebraska may not have been the best shooting team, but they could certainly play good defense that could keep them in any game they played. This is not the case this season. I was listening to a local radio show today saying that the time for wins for Doc is upon him. They were bring up concerns that if Doc has a bad season that he'd likely be on the hot seat because in almost five seasons Doc has been unable to take Nebraska to the upper elite of the Big 12. I think that we'll give Doc a few more seasons, and the only thing that would speed up a departure of Doc would be if we digress back from being a competitive team. Those were the things that put Barry Collier on the hot seat when he was at Nebraska. Either way I'm concerned about this team going on the road at Missouri and Colorado to try to get it back together and get on a winning streak in the conference. A lot has to improve for my hopes of this season to improve.
2. I'd love to dive into a quick topic about my thoughts on Lane Kiffin. Clearly his a douchebag and really showed his true colors when he simply bolted for USC after only being at Tennessee for 14 months. Look I understand if USC was your dream job, but clearly if your a Vols fan you should be happy that this guy is gone from your program. All he's done is stir the pot and try to get away with things he cant. At USC we don't hear about minor violations because the school is willing to look away to get the kid to their school. At Tennessee they simply just don't put up with that crap. Look he's a cheater, no questions asked...he would have ruined that program if he had stayed there....and now he's at USC where cheaters are opened with welcome arms. It'll be interesting if he can live up to their lofty expectations without running his mouth...Rick at UCLA can't wait to put him in his place next season...
3. Tim Griffin had a great blog about the top 10 players of the decade in the Big 12. Nebraska had two players on that list with Suh at #3 and Eric Crouch at #8. No question that Vince Young came in at #1 given his performance against USC that gave the Longhorns a national title. Adrian Peterson was #2...and likely so he's a beast in the NFL....Loved seeing Suh at #3. Its slowly starting for Suh the impact that he made at Nebraska, in the Big 12, and across the nation as a defensive lineman. It was interesting to see ole pretty baby McCoy at #10...hmmmm if was that great and special of a player...shouldn't he had been higher over Jason White and Eric Crouch...the answer is clearly stated....NO...he was a benefit of the system and the talent around him. When he was finally given a real hit...he folded like a lil baby.
Back on Thursday....