Final blog of the week, its not short and sweet, but pretty righteous so lets rock the boat.
THE HOT LIST:
1. Louisiana Lafayette vs. Nebraska Preview
2. Husker Volleyball
3. Around the Big 12 (Picks)
1. Well the focal point of this blog is to breakdown the Ragin Cajun and Huskers, the key matchup this week will come from the trenches. All to many times we say that games are won and lost in the trenches, and this game brings no exceptions to that quote. The Cajun's haven't allowed a sack all season, they have shown to have solid OL play preventing LSU from notching a sack against them last weekend. This is game brings more intrigued as we as Husker fans will be watching whole heartedly how Zac Lee plays from last weekend where he struggled mightily to hit WR's and established Nebraska's passing game. There's no doubt that there will be an emphasis on running the ball effectively. The key will be how Nebraska's contains Lafayette's Daylon McCoy. The speedy junior lead the cajun's in tackles last season with 69 and 4 sacks. The keys will be how much emotion Nebraska comes out with after losing a heart breaker last weekend. Keys on defense won't necessarily be the defensive line but the play of the back 7. Their play was elevated last week as they played tremendous in the 3rd quarter but broke on on 2 timely plays that cost the Husker's the game. I'll be looking at how many mental mistakes are made in this game....that is really the only thing that could keep Nebraska from winning this game.
Prediction: Nebraska comes back home to celebrate the tradition of the fans. For 300 consecutive games fans have sold out Memorial Stadium for the Huskers. While enjoying the festivities of this memorable game, Bo Pelini's ignites a vengeance fire in his team. Their emotional energy propels them to a quick start and a big half time lead. Look for lots of backups playing in this game.
Nebraska wins 42-7
2. Husker Volleyball doomed itself on the road last night giving the Aggies 11 service error points. They lost to A&M for the first time since 1999 losing 28-26, 17-25, 25-19, 25-19. It's plain and simple ladies, get the ball over the net and get prepared to elevate your game on the road. Young team or not, not getting the ball over the net and in play is just pathetic....better fix that.
3. Let's take a nice look around the Big 12 and get a glimpse of this weekend's schedule.
Northwestern State @ Baylor
Army @ Iowa State
Southern Miss @ Kansas
Tennessee Tech @ Kansas State
Missouri @ Nevada (Friday Night)
Louisiana Lafayette @ Nebraska
Grambling State @ Oklahoma State
UTEP @ Texas
UAB @ Texas A&M
Texas Tech @ Houston
The best game by far is Tech at Houston. The Cougars are a dangerous team showing that they can tangle with the best of the Big 12 and bring them down (sound familiar OSU). Don't see Tech pulling a shocker this weekend.
Picks: Baylor, ISU, KU, K-State, Misery, Sker's, OSU, Texas, A&M, and Houston
Last Weeks Record: 8-2 (only losses were the Sker's and Baylor)
Enjoy the games this weekend, coming back next Tuesday. For all of those going to the 300th game this weekend, dress retro, get loud, and as always Go Big Red!!!